IFTTT (Webhooks) User Manual
This driver allows you to trigger an IFTTT action using the IFTTT Webhooks
Room Page Tile
The Room Tile give access to the Main UI
NB: This UI is intended for Testing rather than end user facing.
To customize the user experience consider using a quick action or a UI Tile Driver.
Driver User Interface
- Main Page
- Test Events 1 – 10. Up to 10 test Events are supported per driver
- Each Events sends a webrequest build with the IFTTT Key and Command and displays the response to the user
- IFTTT Key
- Allows a user to set their Key
- See the section below describing where to get a key!
- Event Name
- Allows the user to set the Event Name
- This Must Match the Event Name set in yout IFTTT Applet.
Actions and Events
The driver will normally be used via Actions.
The Event name String is entered on the UI as a argument to the sequence step.
Setup your IFTTT Applet trigger to accept the webhook service.
At the same time you need to note your webhook key which can be found in the documentation.
Use the link below ( when logged into your IFTTT Account)
This webhook API Key is used to authenticate the driver to your IFTTT applet.
For each applet you can define a unique Event Name this event name is used by the driver to define which applet you want to trigger.
After that the possibilities are endless!